Recognized as one of the leading hospitals in Queens New York since 1891, Jamaica Hospital Medical Center has proudly served the community for over a century. Today, we continue to meet the needs of our diverse population by providing a wide range of quality healthcare services.
Our mission is “To serve our patients and the community in a way that is second to none.”
Xổ số Thị trưởng SakaeOr vision is, “To be the premier integrated healthcare delivery system by providing the highest quality, most cost effective service, which is accessible and sensitive to all.”
Xổ số Thị trưởng SakaeBelow are additional facts about Jamaica Hospital that will help you to know more about us.
- Jamaica Hospital is a 402-bed, not-for-profit teaching hospital
- Nearly 120,000 patients were treated in JHMC’s Emergency Department last year
- Approximately 300,000 patients were seen in JHMC’s Ambulatory Care Centers with locations at the main campus and also at the offsite centers in the community
- Approximately 2,000 deliveries were performed at Jamaica Hospital’s modern Labor and Delivery Suite
- The hospital’s emergency department— a Level I Trauma Center and Stroke Center – is one of the busiest in New York and the only one in South Queens. It is designated as a NYC Hypothermia/Cardiac Destination Facility and also includes a dedicated pediatric emergency room, chest pain center, and fast track area for minor injuries.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Ambulatory Care Department offers a full range of services, including pediatrics, internal medicine, family medicine, podiatry, surgery, gastroenterology, dermatology, neurology, orthopedics, radiology, social services, nutrition, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, pulmonary rehabilitation, cardiology, and urology. JHMC also has a network of Ambulatory Care Centers, known as MediSys Family Health Centers, located throughout Brooklyn and Queens.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Department of Women’s Health has recently been designated a Baby-Friendly Hospital, which means that we have successfully implemented the”10 Steps to successful Breastfeeding.” Our 12 ultra-modern and spacious Labor, Delivery & Recovery Suites are an ideal atmosphere to have your baby. In addition, the OB/GYN department boasts a Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, which uses the up to date treatments and equipment to ensure the health of mother and baby. Our Gynecologic Division uses the newest minimally invasive surgical techniques to ensure a fast recovery and positive outcome.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Division of Sleep Medicine boasts a state-of-the-art sleep center to diagnose and treat sleep disorders in adults and children. The four-bed center, where overnight tests are performed, features private rooms in a comfortable, home-like environment. In addition, the hospital operates an outpatient sleep clinic, where sleep disorders in adults and children are evaluated and treated.
- The Department of Radiology at Jamaica Hospital is fully accredited by the ACR and uses the latest technologies, including low-dose, high-speed CT scanners and MRI, and offers a wide variety of state-of-the-art diagnostic and specialty services, including ultrasound, mammography, fluoroscopic procedures, diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, and interventional radiology.
- The Department of Pediatrics at JHMC offers a wide variety of medical and surgical sub-specialty services in modern facilities for children from birth through adolescence. The department consists of a Special Care Unit, a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and a 10-bed nursery. It also boasts a pediatric cardiology sub-specialty service for newborns and babies with congenital heart diseases.
- Jamaica Hospital’s Palliative Care Consultation Program provides a variety of services to individuals and their families facing life threatening illnesses. Services include: comprehensive medical comfort care, advanced planning, pastoral care, pain and symptom management, holistic nursing and psycho- social services. In collaboration with Hospice of New York, JHMC also operates a hospice unit, The Ferrara Family Center for Hospice Care, where comfort care services are provided to patients with life limiting illness.
- The Cardiology Department at Jamaica Hospital includes the newly constructed, state-of-the-art Thomas Santucci Cardiovascluar Interventional Suite, a cardiac catheterization laboratory and a full non-invasive laboratory. The department also has an established arrhythmia service, offers elective angioplasty, and is suited to perform a wide variety of testing, including: electrocardiograms, echocardiograms, stress tests, and pacemaker evaluation, to name a few.
- The Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health at Jamaica Hospital offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services to our community. Our Psychiatric Emergency Program for adults consists of an emergency department, an extended observation unit, and a mobile crisis team. We also have two, secure, 28 bed inpatient units and we offer a wide range of individual and group therapy for adults and children at our outpatient facility.
- The Division of Pulmonary Medicine offers a wide variety of services to help diagnose and treat patients with lung disease. The division features a Pulmonary Function Laboratory, which offers bronchial thermoplasty, and conducts clinical research trials throughout the year.